Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crocheted Baby Blanket

My nephew, Lennon, was born on Monday and since we didn't get to travel to San Antonio to hand deliver his baby blanket, I shipped it out earlier this week. I used altnernating rows of single and double crochet throughout the entire blanket. Hope mommy and baby love it and put it to good use!






In other news, I finally got my sewing machine fixed! Yay, I'm alive again! Just kidding. Well, sorta. I am so happy to be sewing again. I got to work on some blocks for my sister's baby blanket and I've been piecing some pretty triangles together with the help of my Zakka Style book.


This is my first time using this technique and it feels good to be learning something new. I find that using pretty fabric helps me be more patient so I cut into some Flea Market Fancy (I ordered extra yardage so I can still hoard this bundle of goodness!). I'll share more with you soon. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful blanket for your nephew, I know they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blanket- it's perfect!

    kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. His blanket looks so good Bonnie! I don't see how you have the patience to do that! Do you like the Zakka Style Book? I've been debating on getting it - your pattern looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love the blanket! So so so pretty! What a lucky baby to be wrapped in that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh his blanket is so adorable! great job bonnie!!! cant wait to see your zakka project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!