Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Patchwork Tote


I've been sorting through all my scraps and cutting a bunch of 3.5" squares. Anything smaller got tossed in the trash, except ofcourse for the beautiful little pieces that I couldn't bring myself to part with. I thought it would be fun to make a patchwork tote using some of my blue and grey squares.


I used 25 squares for each side of the bag and sewed them together in five rows of five squares, alternating between grey and blue. Then I quilted them in straight lines before composing my tote. I boxed the corners at 2.5" and added a little lobster clasp to the lining to hang keys or coin purses from. The tote is now in the shop if anyone is interested. Have a wonderful week!

Linking up to these parties.

12 comments:

  1. That is so adorable! I love anything patchwork.

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super cute! happy anniversary a day late! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome Bonnie! I can barely sew a straight line and you whip out these patchwork products like nobody's business! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is adorable! I'm pinning this for a future sewing project. I have lots of scraps to use up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bag - you have great fabrics in your stash! Glad I found your blog on JAQS studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely Bonnie!! Love those shades of grey and blue!! You go girl!! Happy belated Anniversary Bonnie!! I wish you more years of happiness together:D
    xxx
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice! My sister would love that tote. Those are her favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, beautiful! I love blue and I love scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bag, the blues and greys are so pretty together. Thank you for sharing on A Crafty Soiree. I've featured your project this week on the newest, come by and see it when you get a chance. The linky will be up at midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love the tote. I am a tote person and it is just so very nice. I am gonna have to try to make one. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! :-)Saw you featured on A Crafty Soiree at Katie's Nesting Spot.

    Erin
    takingtimetocreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!